West Hythe has been a fishing and sailing destination for over fifty years, boasting a wide and diverse range of conditions to enjoy in both disciplines.
Here at West Hythe we regularly organise fishing competitions and charity events for all-comers. These are always well supported by anglers from across the country. We are especially well-known for our extremely popular eel competitions.
We accommodate all types of client. Whether you are a small club, a fishing syndicate, or wish to hold a corporate day, West Hythe will give you exactly what you seek from your fishing experience, and we welcome you.
Membership for the 2020-2021 season
Our membership runs from 1st June 2020 until 31st May 2021 and we welcome new applications to join the leisure facilities.
Debit and Credit Cards payments can be accepted by phone (01732 885563).
[vc_column_text]Gate key deposit[/vc_column_text]
Day/night/weekly tickets – contact bailiff between 7am and 7pm, 7 days a week (07970 704584).
- A maximum of 4 rods per member at the fishing site
- All nets, mats & weighing sacks must be dipped before fishing at the site
- Barbless hooks only, NO barb or microbarb are allowed at the fishing site
- No bait boats are allowed on the lake at the fishing site
- Members must have and use an unhooking mat at all times at the fishing site
- Fish are to be lifted no higher than knee height at the fishing site
- All fish are to be returned to their original swim as quickly and safely as possible once caught and weighted at the fishing site
- Any broken tackle, brollies, chairs etc must be taken home by the members at the fishing site
- No radios/music/loud mobile phones (please use headphones) are to be used by the members at the fishing site
- No pets are allowed to be brought onto the fishing site by members
- A rod licence required for members at the fishing lake
- ALL litter to be taken off the site by the members at the fishing site
- All guests must be 16 years and over at the fishing site
- Juniors (under 16) must be accompanied by a competent adult at all times at the fishing site
- Fishing times are: 7am – 7pm on day tickets / 7pm – 7am on night tickets
- Members and guests are to respect the club and other anglers by keeping noise down to a minimum
- No more than 4 nights per swim by members at the fishing site
- Members are to spend no more than 7 nights at the site without a 2 day break
- No lead core rigs are allowed to be used at the fishing site by members
- No braided fishing lines are allowed to be used at the lake by members including spod rods
- The use of any form of nuts in fish bait is banned due to the fish not being able to pass them which causes death